Friday, October 17, 2008

Misadventures of a 7th Grader

Sorry for the wait! I've been super busy with school lately, but now, I'm ready to post!




I wrote and essay a while back for my advisory/math teacher, Mr. Keely, about why I should be student of the day /week/month. Turns out, he really really liked it, and gave it to Mr. Tageant, the 8th grade english teacher.


Well, Mr. Tageant liked it, and said that I write better than some 8th graders (Ok, that really caught me off guard.) and offered that I write editorials for the school newspaper! ( This really, really caught me off guard.


So I wrote some practice ones, on bus rides, and 7th grade apparel, and other random things like so, and I must say I'm getting fairly goodat writing my opinion on paper. My mmom keeps saying that this ties in with my goal to be a best selling author by age 18 super duper well and I should go for it, but I'm still nontheless reluctant to quote: "go for it!"




Also, I never showed you, but I got my ASB card! Here's a snapshot-




This allows me to buy lunch, check out books from the library, and let's you get into dances with a discount. Major awesome!



Book I'm reading- Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer

Reeeeeealy good boook. I recomend with 2 thumbs up!

Well, that's how my life is, so seeya when I seeya!

*~Amelia~*


1 comment:

Katherine's Love List said...

Write on, Amelia. Write on! (Okay, prepare for a life of bad puns in you follow this writing gig. Hee hee.)

You are indeed a talented writer, and I'm so thrilled to see you posting again. I love it!

XOXO,
k