Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gloves.

     My day started off at 4:15 in the morning. Knowing that people actually get up that early on a regular basis almost makes me sick. So I got out of bed, slapped my alarm and thought ahead to what the day held for me:

     A trip to Portland, Oregon. A day full of shopping, ice skating, temperatures that make polar bears put on mittens, and icy sidewalks.

     Having to be at Miller at 5:20(yes, 5:20. *shudders*) was rather annoying, but I do have to say I was excited to get the ball rolling. After all, I was on assignment from Miss Swinhart to take pictures. The yearbook needed me to be bright and chipper!

     Granted the second I sat down on one of the bus seats I fell asleep.

     *Three Hours Later*

     So all 58 of us got off of the large, crowded, yellow, smelly, (insert adjective here) bus, and it is FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, I had a coat. Sadly, Amy did not. Luckily, Morgan let me wear hers due to the fact she is never cold. Like…ever.

     The street fair was really fun! I got some of Christmas shopping done, and IU got to look at some of the *hem-hem* lovely hand–crafted items for sale.

    Then we hopped on the train and went to the Lloyd Center for more shopping and ice skating! I didn’t do hardly any shopping there because I was so enchanted by skating!! I started off like any n00b skater, clutching the rail for dear life, but by the end of the THREE hours I could skate pretty well (granted the few blisters and insane soreness to follow)!

     Then the group got back on the bus, and we made it home to Miller around 9pm. All in all, I’d go back any day! …Just not at 4 in the morning.

No comments: