Monday, January 18, 2010

Small can be Big.

You know what I haven’t done in a while? Blogged. I miss sitting on my bed, typing mindlessly while music by the charming Owl City plays quietly in the background. But there’s something that must be discussed.

Ok, so I’m a little late in the game. But there was a gigantic earthquake in Haiti that scored a massive 7.0 on the Richter scale. Now there isn’t much I can do to help, but I can do my part.

Ever heard the phrase “small can be big”? Well it can. The American Red Cross has raised over five million dollars using their text-donations charity. All this is, is you text “Haiti” to the number 90999. It will add $10 to your phone bill, but it goes to helping Haiti get rebuilt.

Don’t worry: It’s legit. Pinky promise.

And hey, this is just an idea. I did it because I’d want people to help us out if we were slammed with a natural disaster of this size.

Something to think about.

xo,

Amelia. 

1 comment:

The Burnslers said...

You rock, Amelia. I'm passing this on. And hey, a whole lot of smallness makes a bit of bigness, right? Again, you rock.