Wednesday, October 13, 2010

432 Hours… and Golf!

I have 432 hours to prepare for something SO COOL. Beginning November 1, 2010 I’ll be embarking on a voyage only a few brave souls dare take.  One so dangerous, it sucks up all the free time you’ve spent sitting around on your lazy bum *cough, Amelia…* that you could have spent doing something productive like…

NaNoWriMo!

Or, known to some as National Novel Writing Month.  Definition:  write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I know, I know.  It’s a bit ambitious, seeing as the longest thing I’ve ever written that I’ve gotten recognition for is only 1,000 words.  But a girl can dream!

I know that chances are I won’t finish.  And I’m okay with that!  It’s all about the experience anyways, right?

In other news…

Today I’ve concluded that I need to play a sport.  Unfortunately, I’m not very fast, I have a fear of being hit by a flying projectile, and have yet to learn how to play basketball.  So where should I turn?

Girls golf! You get to wear an awesome polo, I get to spend time with Morgan and Amy, AND YOU CAN GET A SCHOLARSHIP FOR BEING A CADDY. I KNOW!!!

So needless to say, I’m excited.  For the former and the latter.

Did you play any sports in high school?  Were you any good?

1 comment:

The Burnslers said...

Yeah, I rocked the soccer ball and loved it, but I bit it big time on the track. I need to chase something if I'm expected run.

Right on with the novel!!! We can't wait to see what transpires... and you're right - it IS about the process. Enjoy, savor and rock out!

Love, Love, Love.